Even though you have a membership you’re still not going. You told yourself you were going to slim down and lose weight this year, but you’re still not going. They have state-of-the-art equipment at the gym, but you’re still not going to the gym.
5 Reasons Why You’re Not Going to the Gym
- You have no clue what you’re doing. They have shiny equipment and it’s well kept, but you don’t know what to do with it. So, what do you do instead? You stick to what you know. The treadmill and/or elliptical where it takes you nearly an hour just to burn 300 calories. In that hour, you did no resistance training to help with muscle tone. I’d call that a waste of time.
- You’re bored. You’re going at it alone and each time it’s the same routine. You want to mix it up a little, but you have no clue what you’re doing. Look around. Half of the people in the gym have no clue what they’re doing.
- You lack motivation. The thought of getting into a smaller pair of jeans is not enough to keep you going to the gym. It’s going to take more than that. There’s no one there to, first of all, show you how to use the equipment properly, then second, push you through the exercises. Then, there’s the nutrition part. You’re not sure if you’re even eating the right things.
- You lack consistency. Last week you were there 3 times. This week, only once. Next week, who knows? Things always seem to come up to prevent you from going and you can’t make time. Some days you just don’t have the energy, and that mostly due to what you either ate or didn’t eat earlier in the day.
- You don’t like to exercise. You know all the benefits and you know you could use it, but you hate being at the gym. You hate the soreness.
Ideas that may help
- Associate with fitness minded people. They can be friends, family or coworkers. Anyone you know that makes fitness a priority is someone you should latch onto and learn from. Join their workouts.
- Classes at the gym. Most gyms offer them and they usually offer a variety. Pick a class and time that works for you and make some new friends while you’re in there.
- Hire a personal trainer. Do your research and hire someone who makes a living helping people like you. They will hold you accountable and show you how to make better use of your time at the gym to have you seeing some real results.
- Join a boot camp. Do a search in your area for a boot camp. There are less distractions and plenty of benefits to being a member of a community of like-minded people. Most boot camps accommodate people with no exercise experience and are designed to make exercise a positive experience.
There are options for you if you’re serious about making a change. Remember, the longer you wait, the harder it becomes.
What Are Your Goals?
You might also like
|What’s the Best Free App for Nutrition Help?
There are plenty to choose from, but this is the one I prefer!
|Fitness Boot Camp Games Make Workouts Enjoyable
Does your workout should include things like this to make it enjoyable!
|A Solution to the Shower Issue at Boot Camp
Now you don’t have to rush to work after boot camp!
|September Marks the Start of The Fitness New Year
If you don’t start now you may put it off for a while